Five coffee alternatives you’ll feel good about (that aren’t matcha). Are you trying to ease off the caffeine? It may seem hard to give up your beloved coffee and matcha, but these healthy alternatives will make the transition easy. While I love coffee and matcha, everything in moderation! Right? Regardless of why you’re making switch from coffee, these healthy coffee alternatives will have your taste buds and your body feeling good!
Dandy Blend– Dandy Blend may just be my favorite of them all. When I gave up caffeine for some time (one of my more questionable decisions) I discovered Dandy Blend. As a coffee connoisseur, I can confidently say Dandy Blend is the best healthy coffee alternative. With a similar taste and texture to coffee, you will be trading your cup of Joe for your newfound love, Dandy Blend.
What is Dandy blend? Dandy blend is an herbal blend with an earthy, bitter taste similar to that of coffee. Just as coffee, this herbal alternative tastes delicious both hot and cold. I opt for the Organic Dandy Blend which is gluten free and caffeine free. With just four ingredients and 5 calories per serving, drink as much as you’d like, guilt free. The all organic ingredients (roasted barley, rye, chicory root and dandelion root) are simple and nutritious. One of the main ingredients, dandelion root, is a known diuretic helping to maintain a flat belly by preventing excess water retention!
How I drink it: I drink Dandy Blend both heated and over ice! I combine almond or oat milk with a spoonful of Dandy Blend and my favorite monk fruit extract. Sometimes I add a spoonful of cacao or throw it in my smoothie and it’s amazing.
Caffeine level: 0/10
Turmeric latte’s are one of the best healthy coffee alternatives! While they definitely don’t taste like coffee, turmeric lattes have so many health benefits and taste delicious! What makes them so healthy? The star ingredient, turmeric! Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, helps relieve joint and muscle pain, contains antioxidants to help fight free radical damage, and more.
With all of the health benefits, I try to incorporate turmeric latte’s as much as I can, but I don’t always have the time to prepare them! As of late, I’m all about instant gratification when it comes to preparing recipes. While a homemade recipe is always worth while, it’s not always convenient! I’m often on the go and looking for something quick. I love a good homemade turmeric latte, but if I’m looking for something quick, I opt for these delicious blends!
My favorite blends:
- Four Sigmatic Turmeric Latte: The Golden Latte by Four Sigmatic is ne of my favorite pre-made elixirs! You get a powerful adaptogen and mushroom blend plus all the benefits of the golden spice. This blend contains coconut milk, turmeric, black pepper, ginger, tulsi, turkey tail, and just one gram of sugar per packet! How I drink it: I mix this blend with 1 cup of heated almond or oat milk! Caffeine level: 0/10
- Ora Organic Golden Powder: For one of the best turmeric lattes, Ora Organic golden milk blend is a favorite! Ora Organic is combined with ayurvedic herbs such as ashwagandha, reishi and ginger. This spice blend helps to enhance the anti-inflammatory properties while reducing stress. I love this blend in the evening as a night cap! Made with all organic (hence the name) ingredients such as coconut milk, maple sugar, vanilla, and black pepper. How I drink it: I add 1 scoop to a cup of heated nut milk, and I sleep like a baby. Caffeine level: 0/10
If you’re looking for a healthy coffee alternative, chai lattes are the way to go! Thankfully I have found a healthy Chai Latte alternative to replace my former Starbucks Chai Latte addiction. While I was in college, (before I educated myself on the importance of ingredients over calories), I had a Venti Soy Chai latte every day. I thought I was being “healthy” because I opted for soy milk. Little did I know… there was a whopping 53g of sugar in each latte. Luckily times have changed and there are some DELICIOUS chai alternatives with 1 gram of sugar per serving. Bless. These Chai lattes are delicious and are a perfect alternative to coffee.
My favorite Blends:
- Four Sigmatic: My favorite is Four Sigmatic’s Chai Mushroom Latte mix. This delicious blend is my favorite elixir blend they make. Four Sigmatic’s Chai Latte mix is made without black tea (traditionally in chai lattes) so it’s caffeine free! This means I can have it in the evening to satisfy my sweet tooth, hallelujah. It’s made with ingredients like coconut milk, reishi, turkey tail, and a chai spice blend with just 1 gram of sugar per packet. How I drink it: I mix 1 packet of Four Sigmatic Chai Latte with 1 cup of heated almond or oat milk, it’s delicious! Caffeine Level: 0/10
- Mud Wtr: I recently discovered Mud Wtr, and I love it! Mud Wtr has all the good for you ingredients you could want. Think: cacao, chai, turmeric, cinnamon, and a blend of medicinal mushrooms. Beware, this elixir does have black tea in it (therefore caffeine)! BUT with just 1/7th the caffeine of coffee, this coffee alternative will enhance your energy and focus without the crash. Mud Wtr’s all organic ingredients taste delicious while supporting your mental and physical health. Fight inflammation and boost antioxidant function with ingredients like cacao and turmeric with a flavorful kick from Masala chai. Medicinal mushrooms Chaga, Cordyceps and Reishi boost performance, increase antioxidant levels, fight inflammation and offer stress relieving benefits! How I drink it: I like to blend my Mud Wtr with a cup of almond or oat milk! Mud Wtr contains no additives or sugar, so I add my favorite monk fruit extract for a little extra sweetener! Mud Wtr is delicious both hot and cold, you can’t go wrong. If you want to mix it up, try adding a spoonful of vanilla protein powder or cacao powder! Caffeine Level: 2/10
Do you have an ailment? It’s more likely than not herbal tea can solve your problem! Herbal teas are known to contain a wide variety of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, with little to no caffeine. With all of the different herbal blends and ingredients, you’re bound to find a blend you enjoy! I love a good cup of herbal tea, but it has to taste good! Here are my favorite brands/blends
My favorite Blends:
- Pique tea: Pique tea is one of my favorite brands! What makes Pique tea different? This company brews organic, whole leaf tea at low temperatures and then uses an extraction process to obtain the nutrients. The antioxidants and phytonutrients extracted are more potent and bioavailable and dissolve in both hot and cold beverages! Pique Tea undergoes thorough testing with triple toxin screening to ensure high quality tea without pesticides or toxins. Unsure of what to get? Pique has an assortment of blends that support different health needs such as gut health, immunity, fasting, and stress relief. How I drink it: My favorite blends are Ginger Digestion Elixir, Cinnamon Herbal Fasting Tea, and Reishi Calm Elixir. Just pour your favorite packet in hot or cold liquid of choice! Caffeine Level: Varies depending on blend
- SipsBy: For the ultimate tea lover, SipsBy is your match made in heaven. Receive a personalized assortment of tea delivered straight to your door with the best brands and quality tea. Sipsby is a subscription service that offers different tea bundles based on your needs! Think: personalized or pre-packaged boxes such as mood-boosting teas, sleepy teas, immunity blends and more. How I drink it: I love the customized SipsBy Box! The customized box makes a great gift and is a fun way to try new, high quality blends. I always add a dash of nut milk and raw honey to my herbal teas! Caffeine Level: Varies depending on box